Saturday, May 22, 2010

Play nice

I have mentioned in my comments that I reserve the right to delete comments that are inappropriate or unhelpful. I would like to be clear that while I'm trying to facilitate solutions through dialog, I don't consider lists of past sins, particularly very old past sins, accusations of malfeasance, irrelevant issues, personal attacks or otherwise angry rants to be dialog. Even if there is some truth in them, and I am not suggesting there is (or isn't), they miss the point of this blog - getting to a community consensus on how to resolve this budget crisis as opposed to further dividing an already divided community. Yes we have to be honest about how we got here, but keep that in the context of how we move forward.

I have, therefore, deleted some comments I feel are not conducive to bringing about a good outcome. I said I would be public about it if I took this step and so I am.

I would ask that anyone commenting use clear language, avoid any kind of negativity or derogatory personal comments or accusation, and please make your comments thoughtful. This is not about agreeing or disagreeing with any of my posts or any of the comments. I'm not trying to have a site where we all agree on all the issues because that means half the community has tuned out. The point, the hope, of this blog was to offer a place where we could begin to bridge those differences and understand that what this budget issue has done is exposed a division within our community that is unhealthy. It is my belief we can see this crisis as an opportunity to resolve this division through dialog and problem-solving as a community.

I have, at this time, blocked no one or turned the moderate function on. I encourage you all to comment, but again, make it clear, make it positive -- even in disagreement -- and please don't comment and re-comment on the same post. And I would really appreciate it if you would go to the Alternative Plan and comment on that.

1 comment:

marv rein said...

the goverment employees are being attcked very unfairly.Goverment very rarely work or concern profit,,while doing their function.SO,as it happening to the BUILDING Department,,outside company says? I can do the same as 10,with 5-7,,and at the same time the Z-man can at will hired McComb inspects,at 75$ PER hours, quotes road inspector's at 50$.and I'm organizing volunteers,,2 film these projects 4 any volations.and stilling asking ,,wheelchair organizations that TROY is building UNuseable sidewaLKS,THE POLLUTION the city of TROY puts in OTHERS WATER SUPPLY,water wetlands issuses being RE-visItED,BY THE FEDERAL,other near by STATES,AND Canadian governments WHY ON THE McCOMB SIDE OF DEQ,AND THE OTHER SIDE OF 20 MILE COMMERCIAL,BUT THE laNDS ON troy side,,HOUSEing on commercial lands.like to talk to others,,but need no help.just trying to fix my water problem.have a great day,and I know u r an great AMERICAN. pass the tax,I need your cash